To Register for the 2021-2022 School Year, follow the instructions below.
Step 1: Inquire online, in person or over the phone (403-934-5179) to help determine what type of program that you may be interested in.
Step 2: Print the registration package and email the completed paper forms to us. Refer to the checklist of what is needed. You can also fill out our online registration through School Engage here. Once all of the required documents have been received, we will be in contact with details regarding your selected program.
For Jr High and Sr High Online Program of Studies paper registration forms click HERE
For Elementary and Traditional Home Education please click on the appropriate registration package beside the program descriptions below.
TRADITIONAL HOMESCHOOLING (Parent-Led Program) Registration Package
- This program is for parents who desire to plan, teach and support their children's learning
- Parents have flexibility and ownership to develop and select learning opportunities that best meet their children's individual needs
- A certified teacher will facilitate and support learning program throughout the year
- Two formal evaluations allow learners to showcase their individual progress and learning
- Funding is available to support learning
PROGRAM OF STUDIES (Teacher-Directed Learning) Registration Package
- We are online, self-paced, and teacher-supported (asynchronous)
- Independent student learning with the support of guardians
- Engaging online curriculum
- Follows Alberta Program of Studies for all core subjects
- Individualized learning goals and extra supports
- Teachers plan, assess, and provide continuous feedback throughout the year
- Flexible or adaptable scheduling to meet your family needs (asynchronous schedule)
- All resources are provided to support diverse learners
- Field trips and extracurricular experiences available throughout Alberta (COVID permitting)
- We are not a live online program (synchronous)
- Teachers do not deliver daily online lessons to students (via zoom or Google meet)
BLENDED (Program of Studies and Traditional Program) Registration Package
- Shared responsibility with parents and teacher
- Teacher-directed Language Arts and Math
- Parent-directed Science and Social Studies
- Partial funding available to support learning
To ensure that students can begin their program as soon as possible, we require the following items from you in addition to the registration form:
- A recent report card or transcript. This will help us to select the instructional methods and materials that are best suited to your student.
- A birth certificate or other legal document to verify full legal name and date of birth. Other valid documents include landed immigrant document, Canadian citizenship document, change of name certificate, passport, or student visa.
- Please also provide any information that will help decide the best program available. Individualized program plans (IPPs) and any assessment documents should be presented at this time.
- Out-of-province and international students are welcome to register but may be asked to provide more information at registration time.