Step 1: Inquire online, in person or over the phone to help determine what type of program that you may be interested in. We encourage anyone who is interested in GHLA programs to make an appointment by calling (403)934-5179. If you live outside the province and/or find it too difficult to make an appointment, you can make alternative arrangements for registration, by calling the number above.
Step 2: Fill out the registration form and refer to the checklist of what is needed. Print registration form here. Once all the appropriate documents are in place, please bring it to the scheduled appointment. We encourage students and parents to attend this meeting as there will be an opportunity to meet individual teachers and to review personalized programs.
Step 3: As part of learning team, you will have input into the planning of your program with us.
Checklist for the registration meeting:
To ensure that students can begin their program as soon as possible, we ask that you please bring the following with you when you come to register:
- A recent report card or transcript. This will help us to select the instructional methods and materials that are best suited to your student.
- A birth certificate or other legal document to verify full legal name and date of birth. Other valid documents include landed immigrant document, Canadian citizenship document, change of name certificate, passport, or student visa.
- You should also bring any information that will help decide the best program available. Individualized program plans (IPPs) and any assessment documents should be presented at this time.
- Out-of-province and international students are welcome to register, but may be asked to provide more information at registration time.
- There are fees that apply for different program choices as well as a course completion and textbook deposit. We ask that you bring a cheque or cash for these minor expenses.